Monday, October 24, 2011

Place of the day: home of tasty cakes


Last week I was in the center on business. After finishing it I went to my favorite office supplies store to buy a planer for the next year (I prefer to buy it earlier rather then to run on january the 2nd in panic that I can't find the one I need) and saw a café I haven't noticed before. As I was extremely hungry, I decided to check it out. You know, going to a new place is like going on a first date: you can find the love of your life, or just have ADD: another dating disaster. This time I was lucky and my courage was rewarded: I discovered really lovely place with very tasty food (baked goods, being precise). Entering Kukotava (Kūkotava in Latvian) I found myself tempted with smell of just-baked cakes. It was pretty hot in there, smell was outstanding and the moment I looked on a show-case I felt like I wanted it all! But being wise and knowing myself not being able to stop until I eat all cakes in the house, I have chosen to take just few: pie with chicken and cheese, pie with spinach, apple pie and brownie, and cup-cakes with nuts. However, it was possible to take photo just of an apple pie, brownie and cup-cakes: other cakes were eaten in five min in a car while driving home :)
So, if you are in Riga and have time to take a break, to have some coffee with delicious cakes (they also have salads, but I haven't eaten those, not a big fan of salads), or you want take-out to enjoy cakes with friends, family or just by yourself :) you know, great place is Kukotava on Terbatas street.
If you like baked goods as much as I do – this is the right place for you to visit!
By the way, waitress was very cute! Hope to take a picture of her next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment