Thursday, December 8, 2011

Meanwhile in Klaipeda: Sea museum


About a month ago I was in Klaipeda (Lithania) on a weekend (I know, I'm very quick on reporting!). I love Klaipeda, it's very peaceful and quite. What I like most about this city is Klaipeda sea museum. There are plenty of sea mammals, birds (penguins), fishes (sea, lake and river). Since my last visit (a year ago) they changed exposition a bit. Brightest novelty for me was jellyfish. I was stuck near their aquarium and couldn't leave until I made some photos of them.
As I was a little girl I was frightened of them. My parents liked sunbathing so when weather was suitable we went to the beach. Once... I still remember that day... despite there were no wind, waves were huge for our sea. I went closer to the water and for the first time I saw a jellyfish. It was such a great shock for me when my mom told it was a living organism. I've spent plenty of time on researching on jellyfish but still jellyfishes are quite a mystery for me...
Anyway, if you decide to visit Klaipeda, find a time to visit the museum. It is worth of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment