Monday, December 19, 2011

Event of a weekend: Jarmarka

Yesterday I attended Jarmarka: exhibition-sale of young artists and designers. I wanted to visit it since last year but don't remember why last year I missed it. Forgot, probably.
Jarmarka takes place in Latvian Academy of Arts (Latvijas Mākslas Akadēmija). Living my whole life in Riga it was the first time when I actually visited Academy. Truly said, I expected more. It's beautiful and everything, but I was waiting to enter "different world", but in fact it's just ordinary "high-school-building" with fancier windows. So, on a 2rd floor if I'm not mistaken in some pretty big room is Jarmarka. Loads of art-work, some of them wan't even dry yet. I'm not big fan of modern arts, but still I found some pieces that I even could bring home. For my surprise there were quite an amount of people, so I wasn't able to take photos of pieces I liked to share them with you.
If you are interested in arts, especially in modern arts and what to spend some time looking at young-artists-masterpieces, Jarmarka is one good place to attend. And it's nice way to hide from a Latvian Winters phenomena. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment